Monday, January 4, 2010

Wandering about and clickin some snaps...

Location: Kankaria Lake, Ahmadabad
Date: 15th August, 2008

Starting off with this pic...this is one of my favorites. The pic was taken at Kankaria lake, Ahmadabad. Sometimes just wandering in the weirdest of locations we come across some of the most beautiful moments of our lives. FYI, Kankaria lake area is one of the hottest locations in the evenings for all the odd couples; and here I was roaming around on a government holiday morning alone. Alone....not really.... I had my cam for my company. But then such are the times when you get into introspection and self actualization. Specially when you have no one around you to keep nagging you can actually look at the wonders of the nature. Okie...Okie... Coming back to the point. "Splosh" was what I heard for the first time.
And then it went again..... Splosh .....Splosh and this time in quick succession. Curiosity killed the cat, they say; but this time luck seemed to be on my side. Finally I located the source of that peculiar sound. It was a lovely crane with beautiful and slender neck, with a God-speed. The crane was on the hunt of some small prey. The sheer beauty of the bird captivated me for a whole of five minutes. And then it struck me. I had never been into professional photography so was not in that habit of keeping my camera ready for such situations. But as I said, it was sheer plain luck. I got my cam out without much of a noise and clicked. The first click and it went just quite right.
My interest in wildlife has been now quite for sometime. Long before I had my basic down-to-earth Nikon D40, I used to wander and keep clicking with my N73, the nokia phone. But today the list of the accessories for my Nikon has grown. And so has the photographs. Needless to say but if you do find them interesting lemme know of some of your own such exciting moments.

Till then aastalavista.....

9 comments:

  1. Awesome !!! Words aint my forte.. So just AWESOME :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abhi...frst of all sorry..of the innumerable pics of urs, this is the only pic clicked by you which i had used as wall paper...i jus loved it...simply awesome...says a thousand things..very soothing...

    good to c u on blogging front...looking forward to more..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Abhi! this is a lovely pic.. with great timing. I think it also portrays your personal and very different style of understanding of life. Please do continue sharing more images.
    Cheers
    Ameeta

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice one Abhi! Its good to read what goes on in a photographer's mind while taking a photo... So keep writing ;)
    and of course... clicking!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant Abhi!!! The best photographs are those which are clicked at the right moment to get the perfect picture. Cant see anything getting better for improving this picture...

    Truely amazing skill used here...

    Look forward for a lot more of your photographs and one day hope you rise in this field!!!

    One portfolio for me please ;P

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome work abhi...kya baat hai. I hope there are more to come...remember those you clicked in 523. feature those as well :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Abhie .. this is simply awesome .. you've captured the moment so well. .the water spashing out .. the reflection of the bird in the water .. the glow of hte water's surface .. everything has been captured so perfectly well .. and a warm welcome to the blogging community .. i'd love to see you churn out more .. keep doing well .. P

    ReplyDelete
  8. The picture is beautiful... and so is the description.. Must compliment you on skillfully capturing the moment both in the camera and in your thoughts :)
    Keep up the good work !

    ReplyDelete